NRA Range Safety Officer (RSO)
This class develops NRA Certified Range Safety Officers with the knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to organizing, conducting, and supervising safe range shooting activities and range operations.
We give NRA RSO classes on the first Saturday of every month. (Check the Calendar for specific dates.)
Times: 09:00-18:00 with
1 hr for lunch
(near Paradise) CA
RSO candidates will learn the roles and responsibilities of an RSO; range Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and rules; range inspection points; range briefings; emergency procedures; and firearm stoppages and malfunctions. Books provided. The NRA considers RSOs to be instructors, so candidates for this certification must be 21 or older.
Class Seating Limits
This location has space for 3-4 students. If more than this register we'll move to a nearby venue with greater capacity.
Per student: $165. We offer a 10% discount to veterans with ID (reimbursement at class time). You can take care of this in class or right here via PayPal (scroll to the bottom of the page).
Note that there is a separate annual RSO credentialing fee payable to the NRA. You handle this online after we file your class-completion report. More discussion of this in class.
Nine hours including lunch break.
Class only; no physical range work involved. Specific class site in named town depends on how many students register.* You'll receive ample notification and complete directions.
PAID RESERVATION REQUIRED FOR PARTICIPATION. The steps:
- Go to nrainstructors.org/ and click the link to Find an NRA Training Course Near You.
- In the Safety training category, check the box for "NRA Basic Range Safety Officer Course."
- At the bottom of that page enter the city name (Magalia CA) or zip code (95954) and click Search.
- Register for the class with the NRA. It will save time to have your NRA membership number on hand as you register. (Non-members can be certified, but it takes quite a bit longer to receive your certification than it does for members.)
- Return here to pay for the class. Remember to specify your preferred date.
That's it! We'll contact you with map and instructions, and will see you in class.